Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Blog Virginity

This is my disclaimer... I have never written a blog before. Not really sure what I should include or how often I should blog, so bare with me.


I have gone back and forth about what I should blog about. It started out with a blog cookbook. Then I just had my first deployment melt down and realized that I need somewhere to vent, somewhere to share my life stories, since my husband is gone for the time being.


I guess I will start out by telling you a little about myself. I am 23 years old and have been a part of the military my entire life. My dad was in the US Army for 23 years and a couple months. And to my dad's dismay, I married a SGT in the US Army. We have been married for three months, today and even though we have been to hell and back, I am hopelessly in love with him and thank God for him everyday! I am not just an Army wife, I am also a civilian government worker. I work at and education center, helping soldiers further their education. I love my job and even though I do a lot more "bitch" work than helpful work, I feel accomplished when I leave.


I have an amazing family back home, in Tennessee. My mom and dad are my rocks. I have disappointed them more than most parents should ever be disappointed, but they still love me and support me. They are the most intelligent, hard working, and kind-hearted people I know. I hope to one day hold the same attributes.

Finally, I hope you enjoy my stories. And can't wait to start venting and sharing with everyone. :)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Blogosphere!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world. I'm sure you'll find all kinds of support as I know I have. We are also just starting our first deployment and I've had my fair share of melt downs as well...I guess that's kind of normal though.

    ReplyDelete