Friday, April 9, 2010

High Hopes, Low Expectations

I moved here to Colorado, about 6 months ago. New to the area, I wasn't completely sure what parts of town were good and what weren't. Being a new couple starting out and me not having a job, we picked out the cheapest place we could find. It wasn't the Ritz, but it wasn't the worst I have seen either. It was on a golf course, surrounded by an elderly community. We were told the only issues they have are with cars. That's not too terrible. So we got the place, moved in and everything was fine. Things were pretty quite. No one bothered us, we bothered no one. It was all good. Every now and then there were domestic disputes in the parking lot. Whatever, still no issues.

Then the speculations started. Our neighbors get people knocking on their door at all hours of the night. And I'm not talking a couple knocks, the door opens and its done. These people knock for a few minutes before giving up. If you know these people, one, why are you showing up at their house when they aren't home. You should recognize if their car is there or not. Two, if they don't answer after the first 5 minutes of knocking, call them and see what's up... or GO AWAY! It is all really suspicious. Everyone claims drug dealers. LOVELY!

I get over the knocking. I don't even notice it anymore. But then the domestic disputes start to get lounder and MUCH more frequent. I hear one going on and look outside just in time to watch a girl punch a car, then proceed to punch a window out of one of the apartments! WHAT THE CRAP! Are you kidding me!?!? Who the heck can punch a window out! First thing everyone says is a meth head. OH BOY! It just gets better.

We have come home many nights to the cops taking someone out in handcuffs or just sitting outside the apartments. We even had the manager of the apartments come to our door one morning telling us to check our cars because there was a huge 10 man fight around them and they were worried there might have been some damage. SCREW THIS!

I am just beside myself on these apartments! I cannpt handle this place by myself. My husband is gone now, and I don't need to be scared for my life in my own home! Now that we have his orders, and we have the money, I have to get out!! But there's that little thing they call credit that is kicking us in the TAIL! We have had a rough go of things the past 6 months and our credit has suffered from it. Lucky me, I have to do all this hunting, begging, moving and settling all on my own.

I have found a great place, near my job, and with a friend there as well. It's awesome! It has everything I need and want! They are even willing to work with me and my crappy credit! But the next kicker... I will need a co-signer. GRRR!! This is a small hurtle, compared to others. But SHEESH! I just want things to go smoothly and that be the end of it. I am working on the co-signer thing. Hopefully I will be able to get this straight and into a wonderful and safe home soon!

It is just so hard to be optimistic about this when I am constantly being crapped on. I want this so bad, I need this! But I am just waiting for someone to once again tell me no. It's so frustrating. It was easier to deal with no's when my husband was here to tell me it will all be ok, but what am I going to do if they tell me no now?

No comments:

Post a Comment